Wednesday 19 August 2015

My week #33

After all the fruity and tropical themes I have done recently I felt like a change so I went for a vintage look this week.  I saw a photo a while ago of a diary spread that had coffee stains as part of the design and I wanted to give it a go myself.  

My week #33

The lady who inspired me had used a template for the stain marks and stamped them in with ink but as I didn't have the template I just brewed up a strong cup of coffee and got to work!  I flicked and splashed the coffee onto my blank pages and then used the bottom of a tea cup dipped into the coffee to make the rings.  Once the pages had dried completely I used them as normal.  I also blotted off most of the ink from my rose stamp before I used it to create a more faded image.  

Close up

Close up

Products used this week: 
The rose sticker is from the K & Company Flora and Fauna die cut sticker set
but this is discontinued now and the rose stamp was from 
one of my Linky's boxes which are also
discontinued.

Doing the coffee marks free hand means they aren't perfect but I still kind of like how they turned out.  What do you think? 


2 comments:

  1. i think the coffee marks look better because they're genuine!! the whole point of coffee stains is they're accidental not perfectly formed. looks fab! I don't decorate my pages but i love this look thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete